A good smile enhances your facial aesthetics and positively impacts your self-esteem. Dental conditions like tooth discoloration, cracks, or chipping of the external surface can be embarrassing. Veneers are the solution to all such dental problems.
Bayside Dental Arts offer effective solutions to improve the appearance of your smile. They offer high-quality, custom-made veneers to provide a natural-looking result.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells that are fabricated to fit the front surfaces of teeth to improve their appearance. These are either made up of porcelain or composite resin that bond to the teeth. They are customized according to your tooth shape and size, to ensure they blend smoothly with your smile.
I have severe tooth discoloration. How can I benefit from dental veneers?
Veneers can easily conceal flaws like tooth discoloration giving you a brighter and more gorgeous smile. They can also protect your teeth from further damage, and enhance their strength.
You can benefit from veneers if you suffer from the following:
- Stains that do not improve with teeth whitening
- Diastmea (gaps between your teeth)
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Teeth that are too small
- Misshapen teeth
Is getting a veneer painful?
Getting dental veneers is a safe and painless procedure.
- During your first visit your dentist will clean your teeth and take digital X-rays
- The teeth requiring veneers will be prepared by removing some amount of enamel to make room for the restoration.
- Your dentist will take digital impressions and send them to the lab for fabrication of the veneers. Meanwhile, you will be given temporary restoration for protection.
- During your next visit, your dentist will bond the veneers to your teeth permanently using dental cement.
- The size, shape, and bite will be checked and necessary corrections will be made.
Can I expect permanent results from veneers?
Dental veneers are permanent since they alter the shape and size of your tooth structure. On average, these veneers can last between 10 to 15 years with proper care and maintenance.
What are the aftercare instructions that I should follow for long-lasting results?
There is no downtime following veneer placements. However, there are certain instructions recommended by your dentist to prolong the lifespan of your veneers:
- Brush your teeth twice every day with a nonabrasive toothpaste, and a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Floss between your teeth once daily
- Visit your dentist at least once in 6 months for routine exams and cleanings
- Do not bite on hard objects like candy, or ice cubes
- Avoid biting your nails
Dental veneers are an excellent solution to problems like tooth discoloration or cracks. They successfully enhance your smile and boost your confidence, by improving your facial aesthetics.